Monday, November 23, 2009
University of Amsterdam (Universiteit van Amsterdam), aspired to more manarik outstanding students from around the globe. Since September 2007, University of Amsterdam also opens an opportunity for prospective students from outside the European region to apply for Merit Scholarship scholarships Amsterdam (AMS).
AMS is a scholarship program that is very selective. Only applicants who have achievement and have a high motivation to study can receive a scholarship. AMS is given to students who intend to complete a field study of the existing academic at the University of Amsterdam.
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world's brightest international students to its classrooms. As from September 2007, outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
The Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) have been specifically designed by the Universiteit van Amsterdam to offer talented and hard-working non-EU/EEA students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the academic fields covered by the UVA. The AMS program is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation may receive a scholarship.
EU member states
The European Economic Area (the Europe Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) includes the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Danish, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy , Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
If you do not hold a passport from one of the countries listed above, then you are a student non-EU/EEA.
Requirements for eligibility
Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship program must meet the following requirements:
* Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans ( "Studiefinanciering"; for more information please refer to: www.ib-groep.nl). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and / or possible "Studiefinanciering" support, throughout the academic year.
* Be fully admitted to a degree program at the Universiteit van Amsterdam which is registered at the Central Register of Higher Education Programs (CROHO; for more information refer to: www.ib-groep.nl).
For more information about general application requirements, please consult the individual program descriptions at www.uva.nl / isp for study programs taught in Bahasa Indonesia, or www.uva.nl / application for study programs taught in Dutch.
Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her degree program.
* Be admitted to a bachelor's or master's program at the Universiteit van Amsterdam for the first time. AMS will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second bachelor's or master's program at the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
* Be able to Comply with Dutch visa regulations (follow the link to the IND website below).
* Be enrolled at the UVA as a full-time student for the academic year and the program for which the scholarship is awarded.
* The candidate should not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship. Notify the scholarships office when another full scholarship such as HSP, Alban, NFP, etc.. has been awarded and which scholarship has been chosen to accept.
* Scholarship continuation for subsequent year (s) of study depends upon study Satisfactory progress. The program you will be enrolled in, as it depends on the curriculum and rules and regulations of the department, sets the standards for Satisfactory progress, the time and manner in which progress will be measured. Please be Advised that you are expected to gain approximately 80% of credits in any one year.
source ::: http://beasiswa.info/program-beasiswa-amsterdam-merit-scholarships-ams-dari-universitas-amsterdam.html
at 8:30 PM
Monday, November 16, 2009
Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) Surakarta achievement in Asia, as the best university ranking of 200 best universities in Asia (including Japan), according to a report from the Higher Education Suplement - Quacquarelli Symonds (QS thes) Asia, in May 2009.
The results indicate that UNS is one of eight universities in Indonesia that can go 200 ranking in Asia, even in Indonesia there are 2700 universities. "Ranking UNS parallel with UNDIP Semarang and Malang UNBRAW above," said Rector Prof. UNS Kentingan Much Syamsulhadi in Solo, Monday.
Meanwhile, a list of eight universities in Indonesia, which ranked 200th in the Asia, the University of Indonesia (UI) is ranked 50th, University of Gajah Mada (UGM) ranked 63, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) ranked 80th, Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB) ranked 119, University of Airlangga (UNAIR) ranked 130, March Eleven University (UNS) and the University of Diponegoro (UNDIP) are both ranked 171 and the University of Brawijaya (UNBRAW) ranked 191.
Ranking is organized by assessing the quality of research, citations in international journals, the quality of learning in the faculty, students and the number of foreign teachers in the UNS and UNS numbers are active lecturers at foreign universities, and alumni involvement in the UNS agencies or industrial world.
"UNS achievement were related to international policy Rector of UNS is implemented by the Vice Rector IV through the establishment of QS-thes Taskforce International Office who had started work in mid-2008 and registered in 2009," he said.
In the future, UNS will participate in the world ranking. One of the other evidence, is to receive 23 UNS lecturers to pursue a doctoral program in 3 foreign countries with DIKTI costs, they would leave in 2009 to several universities in Europe, Australia and Asia.
One of the ranking which is used as the standard reference, the results of assessments conducted by universities ranking institutions thes-QS. Institutions based in London each year publishes a guide book for students seeking university in the world.
"This year thes-QS ranking also publishes the best universities in Asia," said Rector UNS.
at 2:03 AM